FDLA 2013 Conference
Please use this link:http://www.cvent.com/d/8cq6y5 to register for the Florida Distance Learning Association 2013 Annual Conference
Call for Presentations: FDLA 2013 Conference (Closed)
The FDLA Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the 2013 Annual Conference has now been scheduled for Sept. 11-13, 2013 in Orlando Florida.
Save the Date & Call for Proposals
Submit a Proposal to Present at the Florida Distance Learning Association 2013 Annual Conference!
In the Cloud and Beyond:
Building Community and Expanding Distance Education
Sept. 11-13, 2013
Lake Buena Vista South
4955 Kyng’s Heath Road
Kissimmee, FL 34746
Submission Deadline Extended! New Deadline: June 30, 2013 (Closed)
We invite you to submit a proposal for the Florida Distance Learning Association 2013 Annual Conference. Share your insights and best practices for distance learning with peers at other institutions. Network with other distance learning colleagues and exchange innovative ideas. FDLA 2013 will offer you and your staff pre-conference workshops, keynote speakers, a variety of breakout sessions on current topics in online learning, and vendors exhibiting an array of distance learning technologies and services. Come be a part of our energetic and growing community of practice!
- Online Faculty Showcase and Best Practices
- Instructional Design and Development
- Distance Learning Administrators
- K12 Virtual Schools
- Vendor Showcase
- Student Research/Poster Session
- Information Session (40 minutes)
- Poster Session
- Pre-conference workshop (1 hour 15 minutes)
Suggested presentation topics include:
- Blended and Hybrid Courses
- BYOD – Bring Your Own Device
- Cloud Computing
- Digital Textbooks
- Faculty Training and Professional Development
- Game Based Learning
- Distance Learning Management and Leadership
- Legislative Impact on Distance Learning in Florida
- Mobile Learning
- MOOCs – Massive Open Online Courses
- Online Student Support
- Open Education Resource and Open Source Solutions
- Proctored Testing, Appointment Systems and Identity Verification
- Retaining Online Students
- SACS Accreditation
- Serving Online Students with Disabilities
- State Authorization for Out-of-State Institutions
- Social Media (Blogs, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Tools for Marketing Online Programs
This year’s conference will be held at the Embassy Suites hotel and conference center in Lake Buena Vista, FL. This conference venue is just minutes away from the Orlando International Airport, and Walt Disney World.
Note: Conference presenters must also be members of FDLA. Not a member yet? Joining is easy! Individual memberships are just $35, and institutional memberships are only $300 (for up to 25 individuals at the same institution). Members also receive discounted conference registration rates for FLDA 2013. Visit our website and become a member today!
Your proposal submission should include the following:
- Abstract (150 words or less)
- Title of presentation
- Program track to which topic relates
- Emphasis of presentation: Research Study, Applied Use (technology or pedagogy), Effective Practice, Emerging Technology (tools or processes)
- Target audience: novice, intermediate, expert, or all audiences
- Institutional level targeted: Universities and Four Year Institutions, Community Colleges, K-12, Multiple
Type of session (please choose a preferred and backup): Information Session (40 minutes), Pre-Conference Workshop (1 hour 15 minutes), or Poster Session.
Send your proposal for review to JoAnne Glenn: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Email us at email@example.com for more information or to add your name to the conference mailing list!