FDLA Educator of the Year Award
This award is established to recognize excellence and innovation in using technology to enhance the teaching and learning of any subject areas.
2012 FDLA Awards and Award Recipients:
1. Innovative Leader in Distance Learning: K-12
Award Recipient: Florida District Instruction, Joanne Glenn, President
2. Innovative Leader in Distance Learning: Higher Education
Award Recipient: Dr. Joyce J. Elam, Vice Provost for FIU Online
3. Dr. Marsha Burmeister Award for Outstanding Support
Award Recipient: Dr. H. Wells Singleton, Dean, Fischler School of Education, Nova Southeastern University
4. Pioneer: Distance Learning
Award Recipient: Dr. Abraham S. Fischler, President Emeritus, Nova Southeastern University
Recipient must be a full-time member of a K-12 or higher education community/institution. Submissions must include name, school affiliation, address, email address, and phone number for the nominee. Include no more than five pages (double-spaced, size-12 font) of documentation describing the project and/or process, including any of the following:
- A complete description of the project and/or process, including rationale, duration, number of students involved, and collaboration with other institutions
- Reasons why the project and/or process is innovative and evidence of its success
- How the project and/or process is significant, systemic, and transferable
- How the project and/or process improves student understanding of any subject
- The role of technology
- A list of related scholarship evidence, publications, and presentations
- A list of any related grants or funding
The recipient will receive FDLA registration and hotel accommodations for one night for the award year during the conference. For the group award, the group will designate the recipient of the registration and travel award.
Email your submission to:
Hui Fang Huang “Angie” Su, Ed.D.President, FDLAEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org(561) 866-7430
Dr. Marsha Burnmeister Grant – $1,000 for projects to improve distance learning education or to cover expenses to attend FDLA Annual Conference. To apply for any of the awards or grants please submit your application by E-mail to Angie Su.
2012 Award Recipient, Dr. H. Wells Singleton, Dean Fischler School of Education, Nova Southeastern University